Acquisitions / Capital Markets Associate – Core & Value Add Business – Chicago, IL
The Associate will work closely with the Acquisitions and Capital Markets Team for Stockbridge’s Core and Value Add Business to develop acquisitions and financing strategies for new business opportunities. This is both a qualitative and quantitative position, strong math and written skills are necessary. All property types, including Office, Retail, Industrial and Multifamily will be analyzed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and update financial models in Excel and/or Argus for prospective investments, including sensitivity analysis, various leverage structures and joint venture structuring
- Work with team members in the analysis, documentation and execution of various capital transactions, including acquisitions, partnerships, financings, development programs and ultimate exit opportunities
- Prepare internal and external presentations and memos regarding existing investments and proposed new investment vehicles
- Analyze market research to evaluate prospective new investment opportunities or strategies and develop defensible assumptions
- Interface with internal and external parties, such as operating partners, leasing/sales brokers, lenders, accounting teams, legal counsel and other market contacts as needed
- Assist in presenting investments and financings in I.C. meetings as needed
Skills & Competencies:
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area.
- 3-7 years of real estate finance experience and high proficiency in financial modeling
- Proven analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Argus Enterprise preferred.
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Travel may be required
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently.
- Ability to direct and mentor Analysts
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility and entrepreneurship
Competitive – based on experience.
Please send applications to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening.
STOCKBRIDGE CAPITAL GROUP, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.