Acquisitions / Vice President – Stockbridge Core & Value – Chicago, IL
The Vice President will be responsible for identifying and pursuing acquisition opportunities on behalf of Stockbridge’s Core and Value Add Business. The focus will be on office, retail, industrial and multifamily investments in assigned markets across strategies ranging from development to core. The investments will be pursued on behalf of Stockbridge’s funds and separate account clients, with varied investment plans.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive understanding of market fundamentals across office, apartment, industrial and retail asset classes. Source and screen opportunities generated through market contacts to identify relative value and strategic fit for various Stockbridge clients.
- Effectively communicate acquisition opportunities to Stockbridge Portfolio Managers, Clients and Investment Committee.
- Develop working relationships with key leasing/investment sale brokers, developers, property owners and operating partners.
- Oversee analysts and associates to underwrite, present, diligence and close transactions. Develop and be responsible for the assumptions and financial projections relied upon for each transaction.
- Prepare and/or oversee internal and external presentations and memos regarding proposed new investments.
- Leverage internal and third-party research and data sources to develop strategic focus and projections within assigned markets.
- Negotiate Letters of Intent, Purchase and Sale Contracts and Joint Venture Agreements. Analyze and manage results of third-party consultant reports. Lead buyer interviews and ongoing communication with brokers and sellers. Shepherd investment opportunities from inception through closing.
- Present acquisition recommendations to Investment Committee.
Skills & Competencies:
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- 7-10+ years of real estate finance experience, preferably across multiple asset types, and strong experience with analyzing and sourcing investments.
- Established track record of sourcing and closing transactions
- Proven analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Argus Enterprise preferred.
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as strong verbal interpersonal/communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Travel will be required.
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently.
- Ability to direct and mentor Associates/Analysts.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility and entrepreneurship.
- Reports to Managing Director Acquisitions.
Competitive – based on experience.
Please send applications to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening.
STOCKBRIDGE CAPITAL GROUP, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.