Analyst – Asset Management – San Francisco, CA
Stockbridge is a fully independent real estate investment management firm led by veteran industry professionals. The firm’s portfolio comprises assets across the investment risk spectrum, including core, value-added and opportunistic strategies. Stockbridge has approximately $11.2 billion of assets under management (as of March 31, 2017) spanning all major real estate property types, and certain specialty property types, throughout the United States. Stockbridge is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Chicago, New York and Los Angeles.
The Analyst will work closely with the Asset and Portfolio Management Teams and occasionally with the Acquisition Team. This is both a qualitative and quantitative position, strong math and written skills are necessary. Industrial, office, and retail property types will be analyzed and monitored. Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and update financial models in Excel and/or Argus for existing assets and portfolios including (1) analysis of leasing, financing, budgeting, joint venture and hold/sell decisions and (2) internal rate of returns, time-weighted returns, sensitivity tables, property valuations, cash-on-cash returns and various other return metrics.
- Assist in preparation and review of asset-level annual budgets and business plans.
- Prepare preliminary internal asset valuations, using a discounted cash flow and/or direct capitalization approach, for Investment Committee review and participate in internal quarterly valuation meetings.
- Coordinate asset appraisal process, review quarterly appraisals for accuracy and provide feedback to appraiser.
- Analyze lease transactions and assist in the preparation of lease agreements, including coordinating with legal counsel and leasing brokers.
- Prepare quarterly reports including review and understanding of rent rolls, leasing, returns, operating statements, legal matters and capital expenditures.
- Review and analyze quarterly operating performance of owned assets.
- Interface with leasing/sales brokers, property managers, portfolio analysts, lenders, operations/accounting teams, legal counsel, clients and other market contacts to obtain information pertinent to existing assets as well as pursuit and disposition efforts.
- Work with the Accounting Team to ensure that operating results and other reporting requirements are completed accurately and on time by operating partners.
Skills & Competencies:
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, preferably in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- Candidates should have three to five years of real estate industry experience.
- Computer proficiency with a working knowledge of Argus, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with financial modeling with an understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, time-weighted returns and present value/ discounted cash flows.
- Comprehension of real estate terms and concepts such as net/gross leases, contracts, rents/percentage rents, operating expenses, capital expenditures, recovery of expenses and property types.
- Strong writing skills as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship.
Competitive – based on experience.
Please send resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position at Stockbridge Capital Group, LLC.
STOCKBRIDGE CAPITAL GROUP, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.