IT Business Analyst – Atlanta, GA
The Business Analyst is a key liaison between business functions, related processes, and the IT systems that support them. The Business Analyst analyzes complex business problems to be solved with improved processes and automated systems. Primary responsibilities include: (1) analyzing, developing and documenting business operations requirements and translating those requirements into needed IT solutions (2) developing business cases with business managers to support and implement projects, and (3) acting as the interface between the organization and project teams ensuring that requirements and deliverables meet the expectations and that systems are used effectively. The role helps define and assure that benefits and ROI on systems investment is achieved.
The Business Analyst will work as part of the Information Technology team and closely with all business units and levels of management within the firm. This is an analytical position and will require curiosity, attention to detail, strong math and written skills along with an ability to be both internally and externally facing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (but are not limited to the following):
- Communicate regularly with business managers, project teams and technical staff to understand the company’s current information systems, including existing workflows, and immediate priorities.
- Partner with these teams to identify new goals, business direction and requirements to ensure systems are ready for changes the business must accommodate.
- Work with internal staff and service providers to develop and recommend solutions to meet new needs and improve systems and processes.
- Develop and document well thought-out business cases for projects including a clear analysis and presentation of costs and benefits.
- Determine what solutions meet business requirements within current systems and applications. Recommend new systems and applications as warranted.
- Translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications, test plans and training materials. Coordinate implementation of systems and associated processes across business groups including ensuring clear and complete documentation of procedures, processes, and training.
- Work with vendors and consultants as appropriate within project budget to meet deliverables, effectively communicating and coordinating their efforts to ensure high quality and timely deliverables and problem resolution.
- Develop and conduct (or participate in) formal and informal training sessions ensuring users have the tools/information needed to effectively use systems and applications.
- Actively participate in post-implementation project reviews; identify and recommend process improvements based upon lessons learned.
- Effectively communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Advise business on potential business process impact of new technologies and systems, keeping abreast of new technologies, with an eye towards their relevancy to the company’s future architectural needs.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Resolving difficult situations through the use of effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide Desktop Support if required
- Ability to travel as needed (0-30%).
Skills & Competencies:
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, preferably in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics, information technology or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- 5-7 years of experience in a business-related field such as IT, Accounting, Finance, Asset Management etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, working collaboratively across the organization.
- Ability to present concepts and ideas and make effective and persuasive presentations to all levels of management.
- Curiosity and a drive to seek out solutions to solve needs within our business units.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities to conclusion, with team members, outside services and as individual contributor.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, to collect data, to establish facts, and to draw valid conclusions.
- Experience with financial modeling concepts and project cost analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships across organization within all facets of the business.
- Experience writing technical specifications and documents, using gathered requirements as a basis.
- Intermediate + SQL or other programming language.
- Intermediate + Excel skill including advanced functions, using arrays, pivot tables and database connections, experience with macros, VBA, Power Map, Power Pivot, power BI a plus.
- Knowledge of real estate specific applications preferred: Yardi, Argus Enterprise, VTS, etc.
- Experience with ETL’s, integrations, API’s, relational databases, data warehouses
- PMP or project management experience is a plus.
- Physical ability to move and set-up computer hardware weighing 5-50 lbs as needed.
Competitive – based on experience.
Please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check.
STOCKBRIDGE CAPITAL GROUP, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.