Closing Group Analyst – San Francisco, CA
The Closing Group Analyst will work for the Head of the Closing Group of Core and Value Advisors, LLC (“CVA”), a Registered Investment Advisor with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”). Since 2011, CVA has acquired approximately 150 real estate assets for approximately $7.5 billion dollars, acquiring all classes of real estate. CVA’s acquisition process is led by the Acquisitions Group and the disposition process is led by the Asset Management Group, and these processes include many procedural and control steps (collectively, “controls”). The Closing Group is responsible for ensuring these controls are adhered too, agreeing the closing statement for each transaction, is responsible for communicating the status of CVA’s acquisition and disposition activity to the back office, and assists with the transition of an asset from the acquisition phase to the asset management phase.
Given the inconsistent pace of closing-related work, the Closing Group Analyst will also be provided special projects from Portfolio and Asset Management, Accounting, Compliance and the Acquisition Group. The firm believes this role to be perfect for a person with strong numerate skills looking to get quick exposure to how a real estate investment manager works.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Acquisitions Group, Portfolio & Asset Management Group and Accounting Group to determine the closing schedule and capital requirements to close an acquisition, ensuring that capital is funded at the appropriate time;
- Tracks closing calendar daily to ensure deliverables are being met (deposits, equity requirement calculations, and legal entity set up);
- For deals under contract, the Closing Group participates in meetings regarding entity structure and closing timelines;
- Works with the title company, legal counsel, buyer or seller, partner, Transaction Team, Portfolio and Asset Management Group and Accounting Group, to agree closing statements and opening balance sheets;
- Works with buyers, sellers and partners to agree prorations in accordance with the purchase and sale agreement;
- Drafts a Prorations Memorandum for all acquisitions and a Closing Memorandum for all dispositions;
- Creates an Acquisition & Closing Binder evidencing key controls through the Acquisition Phase, and completes a Disposition Checklist for all dispositions evidencing key controls through the disposition process;
- Attends pipeline meetings;
- Takes Investment Committee minutes and Investment Allocation minutes;
- Drafts weekly email summarizing the log of pending transactions for the back office.
Skills & Competencies:
- All candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, ideally in Accounting, Business or related field.
- An ideal candidate would have three years’ professional experience.
- Computer proficiency with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently. Ability to foster strong relationships.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship. Flexible.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Competitive – based on experience.
Please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position.
STOCKBRIDGE CAPITAL GROUP, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.