Investment Analyst – Core & Value Add Business – San Francisco, CA
The Analyst will work closely with the Acquisitions Team for Stockbridge’s Core and Value Add Business to develop strategies for new business opportunities. This is both a qualitative and quantitative position, strong math and written skills are necessary. All property types, including Office, Retail, Industrial and Multifamily may be analyzed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and update financial models in Excel and/or Argus for existing assets and prospective investments, including sensitivity analysis, various leverage structures and joint venture structuring.
- Work with team members in the analysis, documentation and execution of various capital transactions, including acquisitions, partnerships, financings, development programs and ultimate exit opportunities.
- Prepare internal and external presentations and memos regarding existing investments and proposed new investment vehicles.
- Analyze market research to evaluate prospective new investment opportunities or strategies.
- Interface with internal and external parties, such as operating partners, leasing/sales brokers, lenders, accounting teams, legal counsel and other market contacts as needed.
Skills & Competencies:
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- 3 – 5 years of real estate finance experience and strong experience with financial modeling.
- Proven analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Argus preferred.
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Competitive – based on experience.
No phone calls please. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening.
STOCKBRIDGE CAPITAL GROUP, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.