Investment Analyst – Opportunistic Business – San Francisco, CA
Stockbridge is a fully independent real estate investment management firm led by veteran industry professionals. The firm’s portfolio comprises assets across the investment risk spectrum, including core, value-added and opportunistic strategies. Stockbridge has approximately $11.2 billion of assets under management (as of March 31, 2017) spanning all major real estate property types, and certain specialty property types, throughout the United States. Stockbridge is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Chicago, New York and Los Angeles.
The Analyst will work closely with the Investment Team for Stockbridge’s Opportunity Fund Business to manage existing assets and portfolios and underwrite prospective investments. This is primarily a quantitative position, such that strong math skills are necessary. All property types, including niche strategies, may be analyzed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and update financial models using Excel and/or Argus for existing assets and prospective investments.
- Perform sensitivity analyses and review various leverage and joint venture structures in Excel.
- Work with team members in the analysis, documentation and execution of various capital transactions, including acquisitions, partnerships, financings, development programs and ultimately, exit opportunities.
- Work with senior management to prepare internal and external presentations and memos regarding existing investments and proposed new investment vehicles.
- Conduct and analyze market research to evaluate prospective new investment opportunities or strategies.
- Interface with internal and external parties, such as operating partners, leasing/sales brokers, investment bankers, lenders, accounting teams, legal counsel and other market contacts as needed.
Skills & Competencies:
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- 1 – 3 years of experience, including investment banking, private equity, or consulting
- A basic understanding of real estate finance is expected.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word); exceptionally strong Excel skills are required and experience with Argus preferred
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Competitive – based on experience.
No phone calls please. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position at Stockbridge Capital Group, LLC.
STOCKBRIDGE CAPITAL GROUP, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.