Portfolio Management Analyst – Atlanta, GA
Stockbridge is an independent real estate investment management firm led by veteran industry professionals. The firm’s portfolio comprises assets across the investment risk spectrum, including core, value-added and opportunistic strategies. Stockbridge and its affiliated advisor have approximately $10.9 billion of assets under management (as of December 31, 2016) spanning all major real estate property types, and certain specialty property types, throughout the United States. Stockbridge is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Chicago, Atlanta and New York.
The Analyst will work closely with the Portfolio Management team for Stockbridge’s Core and Value-Add business. This is a 50%/50% qualitative and quantitative position, strong math and written skills are required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track and analyze asset, fund and investor performance for Stockbridge investment vehicles, including internal rate of return, time weighted returns and other performance metrics
- Perform internal asset valuations using a discounted cash flow analysis in Argus DCF and/or Excel, and oversee asset management teams during property valuation process
- Assist in preparation and review of asset-level annual budgets and portfolio-level annual strategic business plans for clients.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual client reports, including fund and portfolio updates, individual asset summaries and market research across major property typesli>
- Assist with materials for ongoing investor correspondence and performance analysis, including client calls, quarterly investor questionnaires and data requests such as realized returns, projected cash flows, and historical performance
- Assist in the preparation of marketing-related materials for current clients and prospective new investors, including corporate overviews, fund updates and pitch books
- Update and maintain fund roll-up financial models in excel, working with the portfolio management team to provide updates as necessary
Skills & Competencies:
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials
- 1 – 3 years of real estate experience, preferably including one or more of the following: portfolio analysis, commercial real estate valuation, cash flow forecasting, acquisitions, dispositions, asset management
- Proven analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Argus preferred
- Experience with financial modeling with an understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, cash flow returns, and internal rate of return, time-weighted returns and present value / discounted cash flows
- Comprehension of real estate terms and concepts such as net/gross leases, contracts, rents/percentage rents, operating expenses, capital expenditures, recovery of expenses and property types
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Competitive – based on experience.
Please send resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position at Stockbridge Capital Group, LLC.
STOCKBRIDGE CAPITAL GROUP, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.