Portfolio Management Analyst/Associate – San Francisco, CA
The Analyst/Associate will work closely with the Portfolio Management team for Stockbridge’s Core and Value-Add business. This is a 50%/50% qualitative and quantitative position, strong math and written skills are required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare quarterly and annual client reports, including fund updates, property budgets/business plans, and market research across all major property types
- Prepare and deliver materials for ongoing investor correspondence and performance analysis, including client calls, quarterly investor questionnaires and data requests such as realized returns, projected cash flows, and historical performance
- Coordinate quarterly asset valuation process with asset management teams. Strong understanding of discounted cash flow analysis in Argus DCF/Enterprise and/or Excel required
- Track and analyze asset and fund information and investor performance for various investment vehicles, including internal rate of return, time weighted returns and other performance metrics
- Assist in the preparation of marketing-related materials for current clients and prospective new investors
- Update and maintain fund roll-up financial models in excel
- Develop and maintain financial waterfall models for joint-venture investments
- Perform hold/sell/refinance analysis on existing investments
- Provide support to Capital Markets team for loan financings and extensions
Skills & Competencies:
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
- 3 – 5 years of real estate/finance experience, preferably including one or more of the following: portfolio analysis, commercial real estate valuation, cash flow forecasting, acquisitions, dispositions, asset management
- Proven analytical skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Argus and commercial real estate valuation techniques
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Competitive – based on experience.
No phone calls please. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position.
STOCKBRIDGE CAPITAL GROUP, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.