Summer Investment Analyst – Opportunity Fund Business – San Francisco, CA
Stockbridge is an independent real estate investment management firm led by veteran industry professionals. The firm’s portfolio comprises assets across the investment risk spectrum, including core, value-added and opportunistic strategies. Stockbridge and its affiliated advisor have approximately $13 billion of assets under management (as of June 30, 2018) spanning all major real estate property types, and certain specialty property types, throughout the United States. Stockbridge is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Chicago, Atlanta and New York.
Stockbridge’s Opportunistic Business focuses on high-yield investments with an emphasis on urban development and redevelopment projects on the West Coast. This team is run by firm founder Terry Fancher and is characterized by longstanding employment, with multiple tenures spanning up to multiple decades dating back to predecessor company PaineWebber.
The Summer Analyst will work closely with the Opportunistic Business team on existing strategies and work to evaluate new business opportunities. This is both a qualitative and quantitative position, strong math and written skills are necessary. The position will have the opportunity to analyze various property types, including but not limited to, Office, Retail, Industrial, Manufactured Housing and Multifamily.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and update financial models in Excel for existing assets and prospective investments
- Create internal and external presentations and memos regarding existing investments and proposed new investment vehicles
- Analyze market research to evaluate prospective new investment opportunities or strategies. Monitor current events and financial information for specified markets to determine impact on current firm owned assets and/or prospective investments
- Interface with internal and external parties, such as operating partners, leasing/sales brokers, lenders, accounting teams, and other market contacts as needed
Skills & Competencies:
- All candidates must be enrolled in a BA or BS program from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials
- 1 – 2 years of finance or real estate finance experience with conceptual understanding of financial modeling
- Proven analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Argus is a plus
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with high attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-directed and proactive in seeking to understand various aspects of the group’s business lines
Competitive – based on experience.
Please send applications to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening.
STOCKBRIDGE CAPITAL GROUP, LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.